River Carrron clean up volunteers needed
Communities Along the Carron Association have managed to secure funding to have a professional Clean Up of the River Carron carried out from Larbert Viaduct to Langlees. The work started at Larbert Viaduct on Monday 10th June and will move downstream daily ( Mon to Friday) until Friday 28th June then recommence for one or two weeks from 15th July.
The main in stream works will be carried out by contractor David Walker Landscapes and will involve the removal of fly tipping in the water, large log jams and overhanging branches which are insecure or likely to catch debris in spate. As part of the project, one of the conditions set by our part funder- Falkirk Environment Trust was that volunteer time could be matched financially for CATCA to be able to add this financial value to the project and allow a more thorough job to be done.
We are appealing to anyone who wishes to volunteer to come along and help with the River Banking works throughout the duration of the clean-up.
If you wish to join please note the following:
1) Email if possible to advise us if and when you are available. Email address is email@example.com This will allow us to coordinate tasks where possible.
2) Wear stout footwear, protective gloves and prepare for the weather, which can be changeable at this time of year. Remember the sun cream!
3) You should bring along any food or drinks you may need for your volunteering time.
4) Litter picking equipment will be provided.
5) The work on the bankings will involve, making habitat piles from the trimmed tree branches, clearing litter and fly tipped items and placing in the skips provided and generally helping with making the access routes clearer for path users and improving the area whilst being sensitive to wildlife habitats.
6) If you have not contacted us in advance but wish to turn up, don’t let that prohibit you. Find us along the river and we will assign you to a task.
7) For the purpose of our funder, you will be asked to sign our volunteer sheet to say you helped and the date/ times etc. The sheets will be held by the contractor on the site.
Your help will be invaluable, please come and join us in making the River Carron all it can be!!
Roll up your sleeves, put on your wellies, the River Carron needs you!!
Communities Along the Carron Association